Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

New software

I made the switch to Legacy Family Tree version 7 in May and I really like it. I got 4 or 5 cds with it explaining how to use it which has been really helpful. I've recently started climbing a new branch of the family tree on mom's side and I've entered all the info into Legacy. I especially like the SourceWriter feature which makes adding sources so much easier. There's no excuse NOT to include a source for every fact and event now. There are all kinds of reports you can print and also books, calendars, address labels (to make family reunion planning easier) and quite a few other things.

I haven't moved my entire family tree over to Legacy yet. I wanted to get acquainted with it first. Then we had the whole water-in-the-basement thing and I'm almost able to see the light at the end of the tunnel with that. So when that's finally done I'll be able to concentrate on getting the rest of the tree moved.

Hmmm. Why was it, when I was writing about getting the basement done and planning to work on family history, that the old quote strolled through my mind, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment