Another fun Randy Seaver puzzle:
1) Pick one of your ancestral lines - any one - patrilineal, matrilineal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc. Pick a long one if you can.
2) Tell us which position in the birth order that your ancestor was in each generation. For example "third child, first son." Also list how many children were born to these parents.
3) Share your Birth Order work with us on your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, in a comment on Facebook, etc.
1. Only child of my father
2. Hugh Russell (1912-1995) was the oldest child of his father and the fourth son of his mother, her sixth child out of nine.
3. Benjamin T. Russell (1878-1963) was the oldest son of Henry and Elida (Newcomb) Russell; they had seven children
4. Henry Russell (1849-1937) was the oldest son of Rev. Daniel and Maria (Hunter) Russell; they had three children. Daniel remarried and had five more children.
5. Daniel Russell (1824-1902) was the seventh son and youngest child of Benjamin and Martha (Dayton) Russell; they had 14 children
6. Benjamin Russell (about 1780 - about 1840) was one of five sons of James Russell but I don't know their birth order. They had nine children. James is the end-of-line ancestor on this branch.
1. Youngest child of my mother
2. Grace Jones (1923-2009) was the oldest daughter and oldest child of Frank and Elizabeth (Worth) Jones; Frank and Lizzie had two children.
3. Elizabeth Worth (1888-1985) was the third daughter and sixth child of George and Flora (Swift) Worth; they had 13 children.
4. Flora Lucinda Swift (1859-1927) was the second daughter and fourth child of Charles F. and Eunice (Robinson) Swift; they had five children. Eunice remarried and had two more children (possibly more?)
5. Eunice Calista Robinson (1832-1906) was the first daughter and second child of Aaron and Rachel (Walker) Robinson; they had 10 children.
6. Rachel Walker (1807 - after 1880) was the fourth daughter and sixth child of John and Rachel (Cochran) Walker; they had eight children.