Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

What I'm working on...

I continued to work on adding citations to Charles and Eunice Swift in Legacy Family Tree. Looking through the few files I have, I discovered land records so I’m adding that information. I put a citation on the image. I need to learn about Bounty Land Warrants. I discovered Charles (1790) was given a bounty warrant for his service in the war of 1812. (Exciting find!) But he assigned the warrant to his son Charles F. Swift (1829). Charles was the oldest son. His brother Philetus bought 40 acres next to Charles’ 40 acres in Brownville Township, Schuyler County, Illinois. I need to follow the paper trail and find out what happened to the land.

I may see about ordering microfilm of newspapers from Schuyler County in the time frame of Charles’ death. I wonder if any mention was made of his death. It would be interesting to read what was being said about the Civil War. I also would like to see if there is any information about the death of his parents, Charles and Lydia.

No comments:

Post a Comment