Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 Goals

After the "failures" of last year :) I think I'd better build some success into my goals for 2010.

1. Join D.A.R. Fairly safe to add to the list because the process has already been started. I met with a member of the local chapter of D.A.R. in December and she has all the information needed, I think, for her to do her part of the paperwork involved. I hope to be able to join as a descendant of Luther Kallam (who else!).

2. Compile and publish a PDF document about Luther Kallam and perhaps post it on Scribd.

3. Search for the parents of John Jones, Susan Ann Westervelt Newcomb and Luther Kallam.

4. Scan all Russell family archive documents, and post their stories here.

5. Begin a project of photographing all the tombstones in a cemetery and post pictures on findagrave.com.

6. A repeat from last year...scan and properly file all old family photos.

7. File all family history related papers currently residing in various totes and file boxes.

8. Make family memories with my children and grandchildren!

2 comments:

  1. Mary - what do u do with your old photos once you have scanned them? My goal also this year is to scan all family photos...46 years of marriage and 4 kids has produced A LOT of photos, plus my the photos I've inherited. Do you just toss the paper photos? I've scanned 500+ in the last 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary....we must be cousins...I am descended from Enos Newcomb & Susan Ann Westervelt. I'm trying to build a family tree, but I'm unable to show any original documentation that Enos is the son of John Newcomb (there are many references to such in books, but I've been unable to find any birth or marriage certificates). Have you found anything you can share? Thank you, your distant cousin Doug

    ReplyDelete